Rants and Raves About My Journey Through Bariatric Surgery

Monday, April 19, 2010

An unexpected call

I just received an unexpected call from Cherish, the Bariatric Coordinator at my surgeons office. She was calling to SCHEDULE MY SURGERY!!! I'm overwhelmingly excited! I have scheduled my procedure for May 11th.
There is, of course, more work to be done before I can actually have surgery. First, I have to attend a mandatory educational class next Monday. I'm not exactly sure what that's about, but I will definitely be there and ready to learn more about the process. Secondly, I have to have some blood work done by the hospital. I'm told they will call me next week to schedule that, so I really don't have anything to do for that right now. Finally, I have my last presurgical consult with my surgeon on 4/30 to sign the consent form and my final physical exam (which if its anything like the last one involved him listen to my heart and looking in my throat- that's it!)

So that's it! Surgery is finally scheduled!

No comments:

Post a Comment